From January to April 2016, the Polish Medical Mission implements the “Give a Hand” project. Our partners are Regional Center of Voluntary Service in Krakow and Piwniczna Development Society.
The project includes the following actions:
– developing a questionnaire of simplified medical interview in Polish and Arabic language. It will be published on PMM website;
– developing of the Arabic module of VOCAL - Medical application which allows for conducting a thorough medical interview when verbal communication is not possible;
– developing a guide for doctors who are not experienced in work with patients from the Arabic countries;
– trainings for health care employees from regions bordering with Ukraine and Slovakia: małopolskie, podkarpackie and lubelskie voivodships;
– trainings for volunteers on integrating actions and reacting on mass border crossing by refugees (crowd psychology, first aid, cooperation with uniformed and rescue services, support for local government);
– trainings for office workers, clerks and activists of non-governmental organizations on integration and anti-discrimination.
Project is co-financed from the EEA Found as a part of Citizens for Democracy Programme.
Details on trainings programme and recruitment will be updated and published on PMM fanpage:
More info about training for volunteers: