Our first visit to coordinate the project in Myanmar this year is completed.
After numerous meetings with local coordinator, in:
• the pharmacy where we will order medical equipment and medicines,
• the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Bangkok and its office in Yangon,
• Wakema Hospital with Township Medical Officer,
• in the village where the subcentre will set up,
• Representatives of the Regional Public Health Department and the High Court in Pathein,
• Representative of the Burmese Ministry of Health and Sports,
We signed a cooperation agreement in Yangon on June 27 for project 2017- 2018 with the Wakema Township Association - our local partner.
Myanmar is one of those countries where personal contact is still the most important. A short tea meeting, presentation, shake hands open the door. Without such meetings, it is virtually impossible to obtain the approval and support from local authorities for our actions.
Our first doctors and midwives will come to Myanmar in September. At this time the subcentre construction will start, training material will be produced, and a completed order will be made for 1,200 vaccines against hepatitis B, small medical equipment and medicines for rural health centers as well as equipment for the new center.